The finalists of the CAF Awards have been unveiled. In the category of the African Player of the Year, two Cameroonians are in the Top 5. They are Ajara Nchout Njoya and Gabrielle Onguene.
- Ajara Nchout (Cameroun & Valerenga)
- Asisat Oshoala (Nigeria & Barcelone)
- Gabrielle Onguene (Cameroun & CSKA Moscou)
- Tabitha Chawinga (Malawi & Jiangsu Suning)
- Thembi Kgatlana (Afrique du Sud & Beijing Phoenix FC)
5⃣ stars fighting it out for the title of Women's Player of the Year 🏆
— CAF (@CAF_Online) December 4, 2019
The winner will be known January 7 in Hurghada, Egypt at the awards ceremony.
Cameroon is nominated among the best African women’s football teams alongside Nigeria, Zambia, South Africa and Ivory Coast.
As for Alain Djeumfa (CMR), he is one of the great contenders for the title of Women’s Coach of the Year as Thomas Dennerby (NGA), Clementine Toure (CIV), Desiree Ellis (RSA) and Bruce Mwape (ZAM).